17 September 2008

Hoops Oz

So you may know that I've decided to host the Hoops of Hope event here in Australia. God's given me the opportunity and I thought, why not go for it? I've rounded up a few students from Hillsong to do it, although I'm having a hard time getting people on board. Which is okay... because even if it's just 5 people, it'll still be awesome. This really is a big step for me and I know that God is teaching me and growing me through the leadership and responsibility I have to put into preparing for the event. I didn't realise it could be so tough getting people interested, but I'm leaning on God's faithfulness to pull this event together and get people excited. I know that He is guiding me and He is the only one who can make it all happen. But I do ask for your prayer in the situation.

The main reason for this blog is to inform you on what I'm doing and ask if you would partner with my team here and Hoops of Hope to help raise the money needed to build a second laboratory and a counseling centre in Zambia. If you don't feel God is calling you to give, please don't feel that you need to. But if you have a heart for God's people in Africa and you are able to give, please consider doing so. Just think of how great of a future these people will have only because we were able to reach into our pockets and pull out $10, $15, $20. If you are unable to give, I ask that you would support this event in prayer; pray for the event here in Australia that people would catch a hold of what it is, for God to move miraculously, pray for the children in Africa awaiting this awesome opportunity, and pray for the people all across the world partaking in this event to shoot 1,000 hoops! And praise God for what He has already done through this movement.

Jesus called us to care after widows and orphans and this is one small step to give back to God for all He has done for us. "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after widows and orphans in their distress..." (James 1:27)

Thank you so much for your support and your heart in God's kingdom.

Here is the link to my team's donation page: www.firstgiving.com/hoopsaustralia1

"We can't do everything, but we must do something." -Brian Houston

1 comment:

Breanna said...

I love you Tara! You are doing some major damage for the Kingdom of God and I am so proud of you! My only regret is I am not there doing it with you! I am sending my prayers your way friend! I love you and miss you tons!

-Breanna