21 September 2008

The last few days of my life

I think you enjoy a little update about my life every so often so here you go...

This past week, pastors Ed & Lisa Young from Dallas, TX came to Hillsong Church for the Sex, Love, and Relationships Seminar. It was so good! It's not often that this topic is discussed in church so to have a seminar on it was awesome. Ed & Lisa are great communicaters and they had some good points. I just want to share some good quotes that were said by these two throughout the seminar:
      -What if marriage was more for our holiness rather than our 

        happiness?
      -When you love God the most, you can love your spouse the best
      -Marriage is the only relationship that is an analogy for Jesus and 
        the Church
      -Dating doesn't stop when you get married.
      -The greatest gift you can give your children is a great happy 
        marriage

On a more personal note, I got the opportunity to play on Sunday morning at the extension service I play at for youth on Fridays. I had such a blast! Macarthur, the extension service, is soon to be Hillsong's third campus. The church is growing and cool things are happening at the campus, so it was cool to be a part of it! Playing there reminded me a bit of playing at 3F. It was the first time I got to play for a Sunday church service outside of college or youth. Other than having to wake up at 5am, it was awesome!

Well, I've been doing good. My time here is up soon. :-( As of now, I have 10 1/2 weeks left. It's really... really.....bittersweet.

No comments: