What if we experienced a part of life the way others are forced to live every day? What if, for three days, we in America or whatever Western culture you live in, we ate the very same food that half the world eats every day. Well, that's exactly what some of us have decided to do. I, along with my family, and thousands of other people around Mesa and Gilbert, Arizona have committed to eating only rice, beans, and water from Monday until our Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. Rice, beans, and water...every meal.... three straight days.
This challenge was put forth by my church, Central Christian, and I wanted to extend it to those of you that have not heard about it. I know it's late notice, but I want to encourage you to start whenever you can, or maybe even plan to do it after Thanksgiving. What if we put ourselves in the place of others like Jesus did when He came to Earth to experience the life we live in human flesh. Let's do it. Why not? Let's see what it's like to live in someone else's shoes and gain some perspective on life. I've experienced a very convicting twist to my perspective this last week, and I'm assuming this is only the beginning. So I ask if you'll join myself and Central Christian Church, wherever you are in the world, to eat rice, beans, and water for three days this week. I guarantee we will come to terms with reality and see how our small view of the world might change.

No comments:
Post a Comment