"The world is a book, and those who do not travel it read only a page."
Saint Augustine
So far, I have set foot on 4 continents, experienced life in 11 different countries, and swam in two of Earth’s five oceans. I still haven’t seen enough yet. In reality, I’ve only seen 5% of the world’s 195 countries. And what I’ve seen has been mind-blowing, heart capturing, and completely unforgettable. I can’t imagine what else there is to see in the other 95% of it!I’ve compiled a list of countries and states in the US that I want to visit (cant forget the many states I’ve yet to see in my own country). In reality, I’d like to see the whole world if I had the chance, but this list includes those places I am most passionate about and have an itch to see first. They are the priorities. Also included are those I have had the opportunity to see but would like to go back to experience more (crossed out).
Countries I want to visit:
Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Ecuador
Egypt (this will be marked off in March!)
England
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Kenya
The Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Rwanda
Scotland
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
Uganda
Zambia
I’ve been to 9 states so far. My goal is to at least get to all 50, but here are those that I desire to see first:
Illinois
Maine
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
North & South Carolina
Oregon
Rhode Island
Tennessee
Washington
There's just something about traveling that I can't get enough of. Maybe it's the excitement of getting on a plane in Arizona and landing in a new country in the same day. Maybe it's the way life seems to stop when you get out of your hometown. Maybe it's experiencing a fresh and unique culture. Maybe it's the way it connects you to the rest of the world. Or, maye it's how it makes the world feel so incredibly big and you just a little spec. Whatever it is, I love it. And it's traveling for traveling's sake. It's not just to go and see the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben. It's not to go eat at Hard Rock Cafe in every country with other Americans (although I admit eating at one in London). It's to experience the cultures that were created centuries ago. It's to meet people along the way, to make connections with those you would never be able to at home. It's to cross lands that history has stamped. It's to learn. To experience. To understand. To lose ignorance. To gain a new perspective. And to live life like others do. It's to see the world as God created it. And I'm going to do it until I die. Who's with me?
“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people,
you might better stay at home.”
James Michener

4 comments:
I am glad that Illinois is first on the list for states. I will tell you it has a lot of corn and I think it is flatter than Kansas. Have fun. Chi-town is the best.
I am so in!!!! And BTW- you gained some cool points for having Spain on the list :) and I am pretty sure Mass. is for a certain city... I think I'll go.
haha, Jason, Illinois is purely for Chicago.... :) But I wouldn't mind adventuring out to see other places.
Cassie, you know it! We'll get a lot of states done if we do our Route 66 road trip!
i know what you mean. i absolutely love to travel. i went to ireland, england & france this past summer. & would ideally like to see the entire world. the top of my list now is japan, germany & egypt. i hope you have the most wonderful time there (and take lots of pictures!) & i like that tennessee is on your list. i love it there & am moving to nashville in five months.
Post a Comment