
Friends, since I have been here it has rained probably 70% of the time. Praise God that today we can finally see the sun! (so far...In Australia you never know what will happen with the weather, it could pour tonight) :-) There is beauty in the rain, but there is just something more beautiful about a sunny day. (Unless it's 100 degrees outside)
On Thursday night, I attended what is called the Leadership Vision Night. It's a night at the beginning of the year where Pastor Brian talks to all the leaders of the church about the vision for the year and how we are to respond to that vision. His message was primarily on "Leaders that Empower." The key points of an empowering leader are that they are kingdom-spirited, they have a balance of grace/forgiveness and challenging the truth, and lastly, they see potential in people. He really emphasized the fact that a leader needs to allow their follower to thrive and flourish under their leadership. He also stressed the point about building and focusing on people's strengths, not their weaknesses. I couldn't help but think of all the leaders throughout my lifetime, specifically my leaders/mentors at Central Christian Church. Each one of them has proven to me that they are an empowering leader. From my Junior High small group coaches to my worship leaders to my pastors, they have all allowed me to thrive and prosper under their leadership. Each one has granted me grace when I needed it and just enough challenges to get me to the top. I hope that while I'm here at college, I understand and grasp the heart of a leader. I pray that I will rise up and be an empowering leader just like those who have so influenced me. I hope that I too will see potential in people and challenge them and push them to become an influential person in their lifetime. So thank you all you leaders out there!
"Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith."
3 years ago

2 comments:
I miss you so much T!!! I am praying for you all the time!! I am in the process of picking my classed for junior year, I get me driver's license in less than 2 monthes and it is all just coming too fast! I miss you more than you know and I hope you are growing and learning a ton!!! I'll pray for you if you pray for me :D
hopefully I will talk to you soon!
I miss making music with you T...
Breanna
Aww Breanna I miss you too! I think about you and how I miss "mentoring" you, seriously! Wow, such exciting things in store for you... Junior year! Can you believe it?? And driving!!?? You're going to love it. That's one thing I can definitely say I miss. AND I miss Golden Spoon without a doubt!
Girl, keep growing and learning and continue to be challenged. I'll definitely be praying for you throughout the year as you grow.
Miss you!
Post a Comment