26 February 2008

We have internet!

Yay!!! This is such a relief. We finally have internet in our apartment and it's fast!! Woohooo

The weeks go by pretty fast here. School is good. I'm getting into more of a routine so that is nice. The women's Colour Your World conference is in a week and a half. It's a huge conference (for women, obviously) with thousands of women who travel all over the world to attend. I'm so excited for it! Each college student serves at the conference. I have been allocated to "Sisterhood" for my service at the conference. Sisterhood is the women's ministry. There is Hillsong Men, which they have once a month on Thursday mornings. Then there is Sisterhood (formerly known as 'Hillsong Women') every Thursday morning. For those of you at Central, it's like IronMan but for women, I guess. So for conference I guess I will be at an information booth for Sisterhood. I really don't know exactly though. That is what I'm assuming.

Then on Sunday March 9th we have the Album Recording. I'm pumped for this! The whole church (Hills Campus, City Campus, and all of the extension services) comes together for a night of worship/praise at a large convention centre in Sydney. It's at this time that they record the songs for the new album (which is going to be amazing). Let me tell you that the worship team is pumping out some awesome worship songs that really capture what God is doing in this generation. As college students, we also serve at the album recording. For this, I have been rostered onto choir. (I know, weird, because I'm not a singer) Basically we were randomly put into these positions. So anyways, I'll either be in the stage choir (which I doubt) or the 'floor choir'. The floor choir is basically all of us students near the front. This might change and I could be allocated to serve somewhere else, but I'm not quite sure yet. But I think it would be awesome if I'm doing choir! It's going to be such a cool experience. I love being part of a group of people just in passionate praise/worship for God.

Well, the week is halfway over. My weekend was good. It was relaxing. My friends and I were going to go to the beach, but it was cloudy so we couldn't go :-( Bummer! I've been to the beach ONCE since I've been here. I'll get there sometime soon! Oh and we got Starbucks this weekend :-) The closest Starbucks to us is about 15-20 mins away :-( Us Americans miss it. I really want to learn keyboard/piano while I'm here so I might have my friend, Dillon, teach me. That would be amazing! Oh and we have this kitten that visits our patio every night. We named him Trent and he is the cutest thing. We keep our door open in the evenings while we're hanging out and he sometimes just walks in. But my roommate isn't too fond of him so she kicks him out. haha! Even though I'm kind of allergic to cats I still love him!

Anyways, keep it cool!

This is Trent. We sometimes feed him. No wonder he keeps coming back :)

No comments: