16 February 2008

Lack of internet..

I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't had much internet access, except for the mall food court where I'm feeding off their wireless.

Let's see... we're done with our two weeks of intensives! Now we start our actual classes. For me, this includes Musicianship Group Lesson, Old Testament Intro, Communication in Ministry, Personal Leadership, and Songwriting. I'm excited! It will be good to finally start these classes, especially the music ones. Can I tell you that I miss playing drums!? It has been hard, but good at the same time. Apparently there is a drum kit set up at the church where you can sign up to use. I might do that soon... I'm having withdrawals. And I definitely miss being a part of and playing at Third Format! (Miss you all and hope it's going well!) My class schedule consists of four long days in the week. Thank goodness I have Mondays off!

We have what is called Fieldwork. It is our required weekly and weekend ministry. I am assigned to Resource- Hillsong Music Australia. My role is session recording. Basically we record the sermon then burn heaps of cds/dvds and put labels on them so they can be ready to be bought after the service. I think it will be fun. I will learn a lot about publishing as well.

Well, everything is going good so far. There are minor daily life issues I have to deal with. (i.e.- buying groceries, paying bills, setting up internet, cooking, cleaning....) Nothing too extensive. I just feel that it is preparing me for marriage and motherhood. :-) haha. Of course there is more to it, but even the little things are maturing me! Not a whole is going on this weekend. I've been passing my time with "The Office" I have watched Seasons 1 and 2 already. It brings me back to home. I love that show. If you haven't seen it, check it out!

Hopefully I'll have internet in my apartment tomorrow. Pray!! When we get it I will definitely update more.

1 comment:

Kristal Sawyer said...

Hey Tara!

I finally got caught up on your blog. It's so great to hear what you are up to these days. Keep posting! =) We miss you already...but hope you are enjoying this adventure you're on.

Much Love,
Kristal =)