The Colour Conference and Album Recording are this weekend! Starting tomorrow I'm going to be serving from 7am-10pmish for the next 4-5 days. It's going to be pretty fun. I actually am really excited. Colour is going to be amazing! A few of the speakers are Louie Giglio, Priscilla Shirer and J. John. I've actually only heard of Louie Giglio (who is an awesome speaker), but the other two, I've heard, are awesome as well. It's going to be a powerful weekend and I'm excited to serve at the' Sisterhood' booth! For the album recording, I'm on choir. :-)
I had a pretty good weekend. For my weekly ministry (called Church Life), I'm on Street Teams. Basically, we go out in teams to impoverished neighborhoods around Sydney and help families with whatever they need. (i.e. fixing something in their house, mowing the lawn, playing with the kids) This past Saturday was my first time doing Street Teams and it was so cool. The area that we were assigned to was called Doonstown. My friend Johnny and I were on a team with a guy named Mark. We went door to door to see if any of the families needed help with anything. It was so heartbreaking to see how some of these people live (alcohol problems, drug issues, etc.), but at the same time it felt good to just show them that we care. There were a few kids that we connected with; Reese, Dougie, Riannen, and Dillon. They ranged from 4 years old to 9 and they were such sweet kids. Reese caught my eye, because he had such a hug heart, especially for serving. Already at the age of 9! He wanted to help us and he was so full of excitement to do so. It's such a joy to see God already preparing this kid to work for His kingdom. Other than that, I mowed a lawn for the first time ever! haha it was fun. I'm really glad that I'm now on Street Teams. From the moment I heard about it I was interested in it. I love serving the community and I think God has given me a passion for the brokenhearted and less fortunate. It's going to be an awesome year!
At Powerhouse on Friday (college service), Brooke Fraser spoke. Her message was so moving. The cool thing about her was that she wasn't super organized or anything, but she just spoke from what was in her heart at that moment. She has such a meek and gentle spirit, but at the same time you could see the passion in her pour out! If you don't know who Brooke Fraser is, she is part of the United team at Hillsong. She is also a well-known musical artist in Australia. Check out her music on her myspace!
Since we have Mondays off, my friends, Kaitlyn, Miriam, Dillon, and Johnny and I, went to the beach. Oh what a beautiful day it was! First we took the bus to the city then we stopped at Starbucks to grab a drink. This was a necessity. It's not often that we get Starbucks, as I have told you we don't have one near us. We then took the ferry across to Manly Beach. The ferry was probably the best part, especially because it was such a beautiful day. Finally after about 2 hours of travel, we finally got to the beach! It was packed, but not too bad. There was a wide open spot just for us :-) The rest of the day consisted of tanning, eating, shopping, and taking the long trek back. It was a successful day, other than all of us getting a little burnt. But I always say it'll turn into a tan :-)
Well, I've got a busy week ahead of me! Please keep me in your prayers.
3 years ago

1 comment:
Praying for you T!!! I love you and miss you!!!
-Breanna
Post a Comment