11 March 2008

Alive in You


So the conference is done and over with. It went by so fast, but at the same time the days seemed to drag on! Serving was definitely straining, but it was such a rewarding experience! Can you imagine 17,000 women in one arena praising God? If you can, that was the basis of the conference. My days consisted of waking up at 5am, serving all day, getting home at 11pm, going to bed at 12am and doing it all over again for the next four days. Sounds appealing huh? :-) The speakers (Louie Giglio, Prischilla Shirer, & J. John) really brought the Word of God this weekend. I was kind of sad, but relieved to see it all come to an end, but it will be an experience remembered forever.

The album recording was on Sunday night. For this, I was in the "floor choir." Basically, I was second row. Wow, I don't even know how to describe how incredible this night was. Again, the arena was filled with about 16,000 people worshipping their heart outs for God. I was speechless after the night was over. I came to the revelation that I'm living in a generation that is the heartbeat of God. Anyways, the band did an amazing job. They had two different bands, so plenty musicians got a chance to play. All of the main worship leaders also got a chance to lead a song. (Joel lead most of the time. The others were Darlene Zschech, Marty Sampson, Jad Gillies, and a few others) (I hadn't seen Marty at all til now. Apparently he is part of an extension service) Another powerful part of the night was when Mike G. lead worship for the song "Healer." The story with Mike is that he's been diagnosed with cancer, but his main cancer is in remission because of his faith in God. Part of the lyrics to the song he sang is "You walk with me through fire and You heal all my disease. I trust in You. I believe You're my healer, I believe You are all I need....Nothing is impossible for You, You hold my world in Your hands." Every move that this guy makes is painful, so it took a lot of courage and strength for him to get up and lead this song. What an inspiration he was to us all. And an inspiration that he will be to every person who picks up the dvd. Wow. The album will be out in July, can't wait! (I might be on it :-))

We got two days off to recover, which was delightful. We are now back to our normal classes, so I'll get back into my usual routine. Then we get a few more days off for Easter!

3 comments:

Breanna said...

So cool T!!! That is awsome!! I am praying for you and love you! the fam says hi :D

-Breanna

Kristal Sawyer said...

Wow, sounds like an amazing experience!!!

Trudy said...

Hi Miss Tara:
I miss you so much!! I love that we can be in blogville together!! Sounds like heaven at the conference. Take care and keep in touch!!
Love you,
Trudy