31 March 2008

My Day in the City

Today I enjoyed some alone time in the city. What a beautiful day it was! I took the bus to Circular Quay (where the Harbour Bridge & Opera House are) and made a pit stop at Starbucks :-) I hung out there for awhile, journaled, listened to music, and enjoyed a Caramel Macchiato. Yum. Oh, and I must mention that I ended up getting a free bus ride to the city. (Basically, I had too large of a bill for the guy to make change so he let it go) After Starbucks I went to the Botanical Gardens, which was absolutely beautiful! It's pretty much like the 'Central Park' of Australia. The weather was perfect. I walked around and stopped in random places to journal and read a bit. Let me tell you, this place was full of joggers. I probably passed hundreds of joggers, old and young, male and female. I guess Sydneysiders like to stay in shape, although, I did also notice plenty of smoking. Hmmm... Anyways, here are a few pics I took from my mobile phone.







Also on my journey around the city, I saw quite a few homeless people. It broke my heart seeing them walk from trashcan to trashcan searching for something to eat. Whenever I saw one I would think, what could I give them? Most of them were males and I didn't think it to be safe if I were to give them something. Nonetheless, I told myself if I saw a homeless woman I would give her my water or something. Well, when I was near the bus stop I saw an elderly homeless woman sitting on a bench. I went and sat on a bench near her and contemplated giving her my water bottle for maybe 20-30 minutes. I was so scared to do it. But, eventually I did. I went and offered her my water bottle but she said she already had some. Then I asked her name and she kind of brushed me off. I don't think she wanted anyone talking to her. She is probably used to people never talking to her and I conclude she was embarrassed. Anyways, I mumbled a "God bless you" as I walked off. haha it was so weird. But I kept being reminded of my previous blog and how I wrote about encouraging you to do something so I thought I needed to practice what I preach!

Back to school tomorrow! Got a few assignments I need to get done for the week. Other than that, it shall be a typical week.

No comments: