20 July 2008

I'm a work in progress

So I'm home from Third Format and I find myself a bit sad. It's hit me that I'm going back to Australia and I have to say goodbye to all the people that I love here again. Why did I put myself in this situation? I mean, it was so good to come back and see everyone, but now I have to say bye again! :-( I feel like I just got back into my groove here. It's so weird because it's like I have these two completely different lives. One in Australia and one here in Arizona and I love both. I think I'm just anxious to get back to Oz and get started on my second semester. Once I'm there, I'll be okay, but right now I feel like I want to just stay here. But I know that it's because I'm comfortable here.. but I can't just settle for what is comfortable all the time. God has me there for a reason and a season and I must obey that. He still has more that He wants to teach me down under and I can't look back. I think all too often, we live life constantly looking back and we miss what is in front of us.

Oh it was so good to play at Third Format again. I loved every second of it! That's definitely where my heart is.... playing drums and leading people in worship through that. It was good to see everybody there and I will definitely miss it again while I'm away.

I have four days left. I leave on Thursday. It seems that the time has lasted, but at the same time, it feels like it has just flown by. The rest of my time here is packed with people to see, errands to run, and the fun part.... packing up my suitcase. I feel like there is so much to do and so little time! Hopefully I'll get it all done though. For now, I should just take some time to rest. I need it.

Blessings and Love.

4 comments:

Landon said...

Rockstar...it was good to see you. I missed ya on Sunday morning though. That's okay - I know you are busy. It was great having you back for a bit. You'll be fine in Australia. I have a postcard in my office that reminds me to pray for you. :)

Breanna said...

T,
I already have it all planned out :D You come home in 4 months we start a band, shock the world with our first hit single "Where Am I Going" and then tour to Canada :D

Sound Good???

-B

Breanna said...

well it is offical then :D we just need keys, bass, and electric and we are set :D hahaha
oh and a band name
-B

Perry said...

It was great seeing you Tara! I am very proud of what you are doing and hope that the rest of the year goes great for you down there!