24 July 2008

'Cause it's a long trip alone


Well, I'm off again to the Land Down Under! I have a heavy suitcase, a heavy guitar, and a heavy backpack... this is going to be a fun trip. This visit back home seemed to last, but has flown by at the same time. I was able to see a lot of people and it was such a blessing to spend time with them again. I'm sorry to those of you who I wasn't able to see for very long!

I'm hoping and praying that this long trip alone will be a time to reconnect with God and get refreshed spiritually, mentally, and physically (as much as I can on a 12 hour flight) for these next four months ahead of me. I'm excited and anxious to start this next semester of school. It looks like it's going to be really good and better than the first semester. The classes on the schedule this semester are Christian Doctrine, Spirit-Filled Living, Teamwork, New Testament, Personal Evangelism, Worship Band, and Worship Excellence. Sounds interesting, hey? I reckon that these next few months are going to go really fast and I'm hoping to get the most out of them as I can. To be honest, part of me didn't want to leave again. I just wanted to stay here, but this morning as I was spending time with God, I came to the conclusion that I must finish what I've started. I must allow Him to finish in me what He has already started. There's more that God has to teach me there and I realize that He's not done with me just yet. He has laid a foundation in me and now it's time that I build upon that foundation. I must finish the work before I do anything else. I believe that, in order for me to be able to do what God has planned for my life, I need to go through these next four months. I believe God is going to use this time to really prepare me for what He has in store for me. I want to be a part of something bigger than me. I don't want to settle for a mediocre life and I have a feeling God has something big in store, but I'm not ready for it yet. I'm a lot more at peace about going back to Australia and at this point I'm ready. I'm sad to say goodbye again and I will miss all of you terribly. But I should be back in no time!

Thanks for keeping updated on my life. Take care and I'll talk to you from the Land Down Under very soon :)

2 comments:

Jared said...

Aww Tara I love you!! Cant wait till you come home!!

-Jared

Trudy said...

Tara, you are awesome and I love you!! Thanks for coming over for dinner, our home is your home. Can't wait to have you home for good, but we are praying that you finish well and strong and we are praying for you!
Mama Maples