27 October 2008

Let's Pray for America

Okay so I don't have much time to write. I'm in the library at the school right now using internet, because we still don't have any in our house.....probably won't for another week or so too. :-(


I just received my ballot to vote. Yep that's right... I'm in Australia and I'm voting in the presidential election for America. :) At first, I really didn't care to vote, but after hearing about all that's going on, I thought that I needed to play a part in bringing change to our country. Last night, we had a Mega Prayer Night at church. It was incredible. Mid-service, Pastor Brian asked all of the American college students to come down onto the stage, in which we filled from one end to the other. He proceeded to tell the church that he believes we need a strong America. He mentioned the financial crisis and the elections and he said it's important that we pray for the nation, because we aren't perfect, but America needs to rise up during this time. He said we're not praying for a specific candidate, but he encouraged us to pray for wisdom for the leaders. So the whole church prayed for America and let me tell you, something powerful happened. It's now one day later and I've heard students (many who are not from America) mentioning how awesome it was and they are believing in the power of our prayers. So, I'm here in Australia, believing and praying for something big to happen in America during this election. Let's pray together! Don't ever underestimate the power of your prayers, even for a whole nation. It amazed me that one church in Australia took the time to pray for a country millions of miles away from them. 

Well... I have about 5 weeks left here.... I can't believe it.

2 comments:

Romi said...

Great post and powerful reminder, Tara! Right here praying with you! Blessings on your last 5 weeks - Phew, where'd the time go??? Speaking of which I really need to get some beasty rest!

Jeremy said...

That's awesome to hear Tara. Sounds like a very cool experience. Can't wait to have you back in the states!