04 November 2008

Are there any men in the House?

There is nothing like the sound of thousands of men singing praises to God in their deep hunky voices, holding nothing back. This past weekend I had the opportunity to serve at the Hillsong Men's Conference. The slogan, "24 Hours That Could Change Your Life," was the theme of the conference. And it was just that...24 hours. It was a cool experience for all the girls to serve the men at the conference. I'm glad to have been a part of it. I have definitely seen a different side of men though. When you get 4,000 men in one room, it can get a bit crazy. Apparently, a fun game is to get four big, chubby shirtless guys on stage and make them do things such as hit an exercise ball with their bellies or to have someone slap their gut and see how much they can handle. Yes... I think I'm scarred for life.. haha. But I have also seen a fiery side of men. A good fiery...the kind that is for God alone. My role at the conference was to record the sermon, so I got to watch the whole service on the t.v. screen. Better yet, I got to hear the praises of the men. It's different to hear a room of only men singing. It's powerful! They are loud. It's awesome! And it's inspiring to see men rise up and take a stand for God. It's time that more men in the Church get up and use their hands and feet to mobilize the Church and motivate each other to take action. Having said that... I also want to thank the men who already are.... so thanks. :)

We had to entertain ourselves at the conference somehow...

No comments: