27 December 2008

Because we can

I've been noticing that a lot of business and people are standing up to give back to charities. I'm loving it! I saw a Subaru commercial today that stated they would donate $250 to your choice of 5 charities if you purchase a car this season. Then, at Applebees I saw a new thing called 'Dining to Donate,' where 10% of your bill can be donated to a non-profit organization, church, or school of your choice. These may seem like trivial things, but I know they will go a long way if people participate.

I've decided that over the next few weeks, I'm going to present sort of a challenge for us. Each week, I will choose a nonprofit organization/charity to focus on. I will explain what they are about and provide ways in which we can help. I want to encourage and motivate us to take action and do something during the week. Even if it isn't something that goes directly towards the organization, but if it causes us to take action to help our community in some way, then cool! Stay tuned..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think it's uber cool that you're doing this. i'm excited to get more educated and find out about some great organizations out there!

man, you inspire me. you're gonna change the face of the earth.