24 February 2009

Hike for the Homeless

I want to share with you a cool opportunity coming up called Hike for Homeless. My friend Meagan found this and shared it with myself and a few others and we have decided to get anyone we can involved! 

Here is the info:

When: Saturday, March 7th, 2009

Where: Estrella Mountain Regional Park
       14805 W. Vineyard Ave
       Goodyear, AZ

Hike Options:
  • 1/2 mile barrier-free (9:00am)
  • 2 mile moderate hike (9:00am)
  • 6 mile trail for experienced hikers (7:30am)

Each participant contributes a registration fee of $25 ($15 for students) and will receive:
  • Free park entry (usually $6) for the day
  • A  t-shirt - guaranteed only if registered by March 2, 2009
  • A hearty breakfast burrito
  • 98.7 The Peak – music & games
  • Access to giant playground near the Ramada area
  • Plenty of shaded picnic areas
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an awesome opportunity for anyone who likes to hike and has a heart for helping the homeless, or either one. We have created a team and our name is "3F"  We would love to have you join us, so be sure to select the "3F" team when you register. A few of us girls from our small group are getting together and doing the 2 mile hike. We want to invite anyone else we know, so if you're reading this and you're in Arizona and you want to help out, please come! If you're unable to come, you can still help by sponsoring an individual hiker. (either online or by cash or check) 

For more information, to register, or to donate, click here: http://www.sjwjobs.org/hike.htm

4 comments:

Richard said...

I'm so in. I better not be the only guy.

Romi said...

This is soooo uber cool! I'd love to join you and will let you know for sure! So why isn't anyone doing the 6 mi??

Thanks Meagan and Tara for sharing this! I'll be passing this along to other peeps.

Mom said...

I'm in for the six mile and will hopefully get friends to join me!

Anonymous said...

"mom"....i'm assuming you're meagan or tara's mom. i've never met you, but you're awesome. if i lived in AZ, i'd rock that six miler with you.

this sounds great tara! i bet there are tons of things like this up here in CO. i'm gonna look into it!