05 April 2008

Midnight

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Not too much is going on right now. I had Street Teams this morning. It went really well. A woman, from the team, and I walked door to door and visited the residents of our street to see how they were. We also delivered bread to them. Every fortnight, we do "bread runs" and bring rolls/bread to the families. It was my first time doing that and it was really cool talking to the people and just listening to their stories. There was one man who his mom is in her late 70's and she basically doesn't want to live anymore. She lost her husband about a year ago and she feels that she has no reason for living anymore. The son (who we were talking to) was trying all that he could to just get her out of the house and take her out, but she doesn't have any desire to leave her house. It was quite sad. I'm not going to lie, I almost started tearing up! Another woman has a daughter or granddaughter (not quite sure) who is diagnosed with depression; so heartbreaking. The awesome thing was that each of these people had such positive spirits. In the midst of the troubles and life issues, they were so positive and joyful to just be living. It was quite encouraging.

Tonight is daylight savings times for Australia. I will get one extra hour of sleep tonight :-)

Things are going alright with school. I'm frustrated with my music/drum class. Honestly I don't know what to think right now. I'm just trying to process my feelings about everything, so I'm not going to say much about it right now. I'm just trying to set that aside for now. Hmm.. we will see how things go.

God is really putting dreams in my heart and I'm so pumped for the future. The awesome thing about being here is that at the college and church, they are so encouraging about following our dreams. It's a very encouraging environment and I feel that I can do anything I put my mind/heart to. The thing I'm afraid of is coming home and becoming complacent again. I don't want that to happen and I want to fulfil my dreams and do something to change my world. I don't know exactly what that looks like right now but I have ideas and I don't see myself staying in one place for the rest of my life. I don't know, I'm just pumped!

Well, that's it for now.

1 comment:

Breanna said...

Dude did you know tat when I am going to bed (like 10:00 pm ish) It is 3:30 pm in Sydney? I always pray for you right before bed :D even though it is in the middle of the day! :D love ya and miss ya!

-Breanna