Can you go one day without wearing any shoes to raise awareness for the millions of people and children who go their lifetime without shoes?
TOMS Shoes is challenging us to go barefoot on April 16th to raise awareness. Maybe a whole day is too much for some of us, so why not go an hour? Visit this link for a few more ideas: http://media.tomsshoes.com/oneday
In Australia this is totally acceptable. Sometimes we would go to the grocery store barefoot and that was normal..it's just how it is. But how much more of a challenge would it be to do this in America? Can we do it?
3 years ago

4 comments:
What a sobering reality, but until we "walk" in their feet barefoot (even for one day less the volcanic dirt), we'll never be able to remotely identify with their struggles. How we take our shoes and feet for granted. Thanks for bringing attention to this Tom Shoes challenge, Tara!! Count me in! Maybe we should have a barefoot public rally (at Mill Ave maybe?)...after all the more people participating, the more impactful it would be.
And have you seriously considered doing an internship with Toms Shoes?? You're such a huge advocate for their cause...you'd be amazing! Just my 2 cents...
I'm in. I wonder if Central would be cool with me doing it - I mainly wear shoes at work because I have to for dress code. I'll check, but if I can I would love to support this!!
Dude, Skippy, I'm in if we can at work!
Tara.. thank you for posting this! I felt the urge to check your blog today (it had been too long) and i knew it was going to be something Good.
Way to raise awareness. I had never even heard of this cause. and I'm going to make sure i can educate as many people as i can. You're doin a great job girl!
love ya
Post a Comment