Today, Richelle, Ruth, and I decided to head to the city to go on a whale watching tour. This was one thing I really wanted to do before I went home, so I was pretty pumped! The boat we went on was pretty big, so it was nice. As we started off, it was awesome! There were some huge waves, it was so much fun! So after awhile of that, I started to feel a bit sick. I tried to brush it off, because I have never been one to get motion sick, so I thought I'd be fine. Well, the waves got pretty rough and I became extremely miserable. Getting sick in public is one of my biggest fears and I absolutely HATE throwing up. So there I was on this big boat, trying so hard to hold it in and keep my mind off of my stomach. Eventually I couldn't handle it any longer. Luckily they provided bags for anyone who needed it... at first I didn't think I would need one, but that changed (sorry if this is TMI). For about the last hour of the ride, I sat down shaking and throwing up into a bag while Ruth held my hair back (such a good friend). I was so embarrassed and miserable and angry. I seriously just wanted to jump overboard and make it all stop. The funny thing is that almost half the people inside of the boat were sick as well, which made it even worse. If I knew my experience would've ended up that way, I never would've paid to go on it. Wanna hear something even worse? We didn't even see any whales!! I mean, come on... the least that could've happened was to see a few whales. Fortunately, we each got a free voucher to go on another cruise within the next 2 weeks, but after that experience.....I refuse to go again.
3 years ago

2 comments:
oh man.
enough said. :)
-B
No bueno- sorry about that friend! same thing happened to me in California... but I was lucky and had my family there. I took a nap on my dad's shoulder the rest of the boat ride.
boats= Satan's transportation
Post a Comment