22 November 2008

A Friend Sticks Closer Than A Brother

It's nights like these that show me just how much I am going to miss this place. Not just this place, but the people. Last night, my friends and I celebrated Christmas in November. We went all out. The boys decorated their apartment and it looked beautiful! We had a typical Christmas dinner with ham (which was amazing!), potatoes, vegetables, salad, etc. But what made the night so incredibly special started around midnight. Richelle had the idea that we go around to each person and encourage them and tell them what we will miss about them. Some of us were hesitant about this idea, because it meant we had to be serious and face the reality that we're all going to be out of each other's sights soon. But she kept pushing it, so we did it. So, for the next  3 1/2 hours, we sat in a circle and poured our hearts out to each other. There were tears and laughter and it was unforgettable. I know for sure that the Holy Spirit was in our midst guiding the words we said, because He spoke through some of us in some amazing ways. None of us looked at the time until we were done and the clock said 3:30am. But we didn't care, because we knew it was something that God ordained us to do. 


For the last few weeks, I have hardly been sad about leaving and I thought something was wrong with me. But it took a night like this for me to realize just exactly what I'm leaving. It opened my eyes to how incredibly blessed I have been with the friends I've made here. They are each one of a kind and I'm going to miss them terribly. They have each had such a great impact on my life in their own unique way. They've challenged me, been there for me, laughed with me, now cried with me, encouraged me, supported me, prayed for me, and most of all, just loved me for me. I could go on and on, but I will stop there and leave what I have to say for them individually.

All I know is that I have 10 days left here and starting now, I am going to be an emotional wreck. It just might be harder than I think to leave everyone. And I just want to ask that you would pray for my transition back to home. I know that there will be so many people at home who are going to play a big part in helping me make this transition easier for me. But I know it will still be a tough tough time. I don't know what else to say... and the tears are about to come, so I will leave it at that.

No comments: