On Saturday, N
ovember 8th, the first ever Hoops of Hope in Australia took place. It went well! I was a bit disappointed by the lack of people who showed up, but it was okay because we all still had a blast! The night before, I couldn't fall asleep until 3am because I was so anxious, nervous, and excited....Leading a team and being in charge of an event is a huge thing for me. To be honest, I hate it. I would rather be an assistant to someone in charge and be a part of a team. But, it's a good hate, because it's something that I want/need to grow in. Honestly, I was worried. I was trying to trust God, but at the same time, I was afraid we weren't going to raise any money or nobody was going to be excited or no one would show up, etc. But the outcome was good. There were many blessings from the day that I see now that I look back. I had a great team, we raised AUS$300 on the day, we were able to reserve a basketball court/hoop, the weather was nice (regardless of a few mins of rain), we all shot 1,000 hoops, and we all had fun. God worked; not in the ways I thought, but He definitely did work. I just hope that Hoops of Hope in Australia will continue even though I'm coming home for good. It was awesome to be a part of! God placed this in my heart back in July and I got to see it play out in November. I mean, that is pretty cool hey?
3 years ago

2 comments:
Yay! For you being in charge of an event and being a leader! It's so cool to see how God is moving in you, especially with you stepping up. You're an inspiration to me and I hope you know how lucky I am to have you as a friend.
Out of the tamale trio...that was me, Halley :)
Post a Comment