After Italy, we took our next long trek to Lucerne, Switzerland. We stayed up in the mountains in a small town called Ensiedeln. The landscape in Switzerland was breathtaking. I couldn't help but stand in awe of the stunning blue lakes surrounded by beautiful, lush green mountains spotted with old houses. I wish I had a photo to show, but the only time we saw this landscape was while we were driving in the bus and it was hard to capture a good picture. In Switzerland, I learned:
- You don't have to pay for the bathrooms. Yay!
- It's not part of the European Union
- As a result of being separate from the union, they don't use Euros. Swiss Francs are the country's currency, which is really colorful

- There are four official languages: German, Italian, French, & Rumantsch
- Swiss people are friendly
- August 1st is their national holiday. They celebrate it much similar to our 4th of July (close all the stores, light off fireworks, etc.)
- Everything is expensive! $12.50 for a McDonalds meal (we left as soon as we saw the price) and $6-$8 for a tall drink at Starbucks
- Water is drinkable out of public fountains, unless stated otherwise
- At the grocery store, there are products in bins in between the escalators in case you need any last minute items while going upstairs to checkout

- The Z & Y on a computer keyboard are switched
Next stop- Paris

1 comment:
You know, I would normally immediately ignore posts about a vacation, simply because they are usually quite inane. However, yours are actually pretty informative and interesting. That's cool.
Post a Comment