So things are getting better. I have been meeting SO many people from ALL over the world! (Canada, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, US, England, Sweden, & Norway) It's awesome. Our last house mate arrived the other day. She is from New York and she's way cool.
Yesterday I went into the city with my friend from Georgia, Kaitlyn, and her mom. We saw the Opera House and walked around that area. It was beautiful outside! I love love love the city.
The other night we had a connect group party. (Which is like small groups) They have different tribes and there are a few connect groups in each tribe. It was fun. Afterwards we prayed for the college summer retreat coming up. And then we split up into groups and prayed for each person. It was kind of crazy. I don't come from a very charismatic church, but at Hillsong they are very charismatic. I experienced speaking in tongues and prophecy last night and it was a little overwhelming for me. It wasn't in a bad way, but it's just very different for me. I'm hoping God teaches me those kind of things. I have been trying to have an open mind about all of it so I'm sure it will get better.
Tomorrow I leave for the college summer retreat. We will be at the beach for the next 3 days! I've heard it's amazing and I'm sure I'll experience more of the charismatic spiritual stuff. I know the retreat will be amazing though, at least I'm hoping :-)
I've finally been able to get settled in to my apartment. We currently don't have any furniture in our family room. We have been living without a fridge or a washer, but we get those today. Yay!
I hope you all are well back home!
3 years ago

4 comments:
Congratulations, Tara! This is a big step in your life and I hope it leads you closer to God! You might not know me, but this is Kevin from the college group. Just wanted to tell you that I think what you are doing is awesome!
I am Praying for you Tara!!! Through God we can do all things!!!! miss you!
Breanna
ps
I will post some stuff about winter retreat :D
Tara I wish I could be over there with you!! Keep the faith girl!! and I will go to Golden spoon and buy two... yes two and yes with my own money... :D and eat them and pretend you are there!! :D
you will always be my boo :D hahahahaha
I love you T!!!
Breanna
Tara - I miss you! WinterRetreat wasn't the same with you and Jared not being there. God was there and it was way cool! Remember to always go back to scripture when learning something new about God - Truth never changes. I know God is with you and He will guide you; listen to His voice and draw near to Him.
Love you! Mae
Post a Comment