So this past weekend I was away at Hillsong's College Summer Retreat. It was on the Central Coast, only an hour and a half away from where I'm living. The retreat offered different options in accomadation, so I ended up staying in a house with quite a few other girls. We were a 10 min. walk to the beach and the house was on stilts. haha it was cool! We were able to do our own thing and then we had sessions in the morning and the evening. The sessions were awesome. Very powerful. God taught me some things and He stirred up my heart during the sessions. I just hope and pray those things will stay with me, because I tend to forget what I learned and continue on with my life as if nothing happened. Yesterday was Australia day so we just hung out at the beach and watched all the proud Australians celebrate their most honored day. Kaitlyn (friend from Georgia) and I have been spending a lot of time with a girl named Lara. She is from South Africa and has been living in Australia for about 10 years. She is awesome. She takes us around and teaches us all about the Australian culture and stuff. :-)
I must say it is good to be "home." It was kind of a long weekend with the retreat and it's good to have down time and be able to communicate with everybody once again! Today my roommate and I did our grocery shopping. Finally we have food in our house! It's really nice because there is a mall just around the corner with clothing stores, Coles (grocery store), Kmart, Target, and a variety of restaurants. It's nice!
Orientation and Enrolment starts on Tuesday. I'm anxious for school to start. I'm so excited to see what it will be like and get in a routine. It's going to be so much fun!!
Well, that's the latest update I have about my life down here in Australia. Until next blog
Here is a clip from worship during the retreat. It's a new worship song by them... it's awesome!
3 years ago

3 comments:
More clips of new songs please!!!! :-)
We are doing "To Know Your Name" this weekend :-)
Awesome! Did you like this one? They play it ALL the time. I'll have to try and record the whole thing. I just need a recorder or something.
Awesome! I love that song, it is so powerful. Good luck!
Ooooh GREAT music clip!!! Thank you for sharing that...okay, what I wouldn't have done to be a fly on the wall to hear that live as well as stay on the walls for those sessions you attended, Tara! I can only imagine what your classes will be like. Dang, I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you! ; ) Seriously, I'm so glad you had such an incredible experience at the retreat! Those Hillsong peeps sure know how to worship. I actually had the privilege to meet Reuben Morgan a few years back and sit in on an interview my friend did with him...what an amazing songwriter...it just pours out of him! Not to mention, he's a huge fan of Coldplay and John Mayer (brownie points for him!) I remember him saying something to the effect that listening as a writer and musician is like inhaling and writing is like exhaling. Luv it!
And not to worry....God won't let you forget what He's showing and teaching you!
Hope registration and the start of classes are going great for you!! : )
Avagoodweegend!
Post a Comment