01 January 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008!


So it's a new year. What does this mean to me? Honestly, I haven't pondered much about it. I don't feel different, nothing has changed. It's still the same life.. it's just that time in life to go out and buy a new calendar. I guess I could say that 2008 is a special year, because I will be spending it in a far-off land called Australia. But other than that, what is different?

Instead of focusing on the future of 2008, I want to look back on my wonderful action packed year of 2007.

There are loads of highlights from this year. I will post my top ten here:

1. Turning 18: For some reason this was a huge excitement in my life. I looked forward to the day I turned 18 for so long. Maybe because it meant that I would soon be a "legal" adult. I thought there would be a radical change in me. I felt that at that moment I would become more adult-like. I thought I would feel more mature. Honestly though, nothing really changed. I felt the same, but it did feel good to be able to sign consent forms on my own instead of the usual "Parent Signature"

2. Graduation: What a crazy day. I never thought I would ever get to this point in my life. Not that I thought I would die, but I just always felt like graduating from high school would take forever to come. But it came and it feels good. Yay Class of 2007!

3. Junior High Camp @ Pepperdine: Junior High camp was amazing and I had a huge growth spurt I led an 8th grade girls small group. It was challenging, but man was it rewarding. I grew a ton in my faith, it was awesome!

4. High School Camp @ Alpine: My last church high school camp. It was sad, but it was a blast!

5. Kenya: Wow. What a life changing experience... seriously that is all I can say.

6. Hawaii: You can always love Hawaii. Seeing my cousin get married and meeting new family members was a rewarding experience.

7. Baptizing my parents in Hawaii in the ocean: God is good!

8. Australia: I got to see my future home for the next year. How cool is that? How ya goin, mate?

9. Colorado: God's creation is beautiful. I love seeing new parts of the States I've never seen before.

10. Spending all these moments with friends and family. They are what made the year 2007 so incredibly amazing and life changing

Well, 2007 is over. Off to new and more exciting adventures in the year 2008. I can't wait! I gotta make it a good one!


New Years Eve with my bestest

2 comments:

zachary said...

Ill see you real soon!!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo jealous!!!!