I'm sorry I haven't updated my blog since I've been here, but this is the first time I've been able to get internet in my place.
I will update a bit. So I arrived here and I was having a really hard time. I was unsure of my room mates and honestly, I just wanted to come home. I was so homesick and I forced myself to hold back my tears throughout the day. But I talked to people and was reassured that things would get better. Later that day, things did get better. I connected a little bit more with my room mates and I met some amazing girls. I live in an apartment about an hour walk from the school/church, so we have to take the bus, but it will get pricey. Our option is to walk or maybe buy a bike. Who knows... Anyways, my housemates are from Canada and Germany. We are awaiting the arrival of a fourth girl. I'm anxious and a little nervous to meet her because I will be sharing a room with her. I'm just praying that we will really connect. I've met so many people from all over the world. And I met another girl drummer! Woot woot
Let's see... the past two days I've basically just been buying stuff for my room. Today we went to church in the morning. It was awesome. There was so much energy and passion! But then we went to the night service (it's more energized and youth driven) and it was even BETTER. Seriously, everyone in the room is just completely worshipping God with all they've got. The whole congregation has arms raised and jumping and dancing. It's awesome! It's pretty charismatic, which is a little different for me, but it's good to experience how different parts of the world worship. It's all to the same God! At the end of the service they played one last worship song and then people started shouting, "One More Song!" So they ended up playing 2 or 3 more songs and it was amazing! Who would think that you could do that in a church service? It felt like a summer camp! In America, it seems that we're so strict on the logistics of the service, such as keeping to a strict schedule. But here, they were just so free to do whatever! We could have stayed and worshipped all night!
Well I should stop for now. I will post pics later. Thank you all so much for your prayers! I can see them being answered everyday
3 years ago

3 comments:
Tara I am so glad that you are transitioning well and enjoying Australia! I have so much admiration for you for doing this. Hope to hear from you soon and know that you are in my prayers!
<3 Sara
Hey girl,
I'm praying for you. Keep track of this journey. God will teach you much.
Love in Him,
Mae
Tara,
You are rarely out of my thoughts. I wish I were an 18 year old girl drummer sharing a room with you. Never fear because God is right beside you. He will never leave or forsake you. Please have fun for me and pray that we will be able to visit!!
Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. The Lord works out everything for his own ends...
Love you!!!!
Rhonda
Post a Comment