17 January 2008

The Time Has Come

Wow. It's here; the day I finally leave for Australia. I cannot believe it. I don't even know what to feel. I mean, I'm so scared of the unknown. I'm sad to leave everyone and my life here. But I'm also excited for what's ahead. I just want to get there and get settled and started. It seems like I've been waiting forever. But I know once it starts, it will go by so quick. I will miss all of you so much and I really hope to stay in touch. Thank scientists for being so intelligent and creating the internet!

Please keep me in your prayers. I know a lot of you are praying and I appreciate it so much. I seriously cannot believe I'm doing this. The only way I know that I can do this is because God is with me and He is sending me and He is my strength. I tell you, I absolutely could not do this on my own.

Remember I am flying with a few other students from across North America (Canada, Florida, Alabama) so I'll have friends! :) We will arrive in Sydney around 8am Saturday morning (3pm Friday afternoon in AZ).] I think the plan is, we will be taken to the church and then to our house or apartments. It looks like most students are being put in apartments 15 minutes drive from the church, so we'll see how that goes. Then we will get settled in and maybe see the city a bit. I"ll update you when I'm down there though! If any of you have AOL Instant Messenger, my screen name is CrzyDrumGrl4Life.

Goodbye!

1 comment:

Jared Ulrich said...

The time has come for you to stand for all you believe in!

The time has come for you to branch out and trust God with the unknown!

You will be in my prayers definitely and just remember that God is right there with you - through the calm and through the storm.

Get ready for the roller coaster. You know how they are :-) You are filled with all sorts of nervous excitement as it slowly climbs to the top, higher and higher it goes. It seems like an eternity and you think, "let's get on with the ride already!" But the thrill will soon come and the anxiety will turn to pure joy and excitement.

Your journey will have ups and downs but God will stretch you and grow you through the process. That's what life is all about! Stay grounded in Him.

Two of my favorite verses are:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Philippians 4:4-7

Trust in the LORD and He will direct your path. Don't be anxious, but pray and God will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

As far as I'm concerned, that is the best advice ever! So have fun, go for it for God and don't look back.

Keep in touch,
Jared