17 April 2008

Life As It Is Now

Winter is slowly or should I say, quickly, approaching. It's weird to be going into May and it being cold! It's been rainy and gloomy the past few days and my body is not adjusting well to it. Last night I felt horrible and I woke up this morning not feeling the greatest either so I am taking it easy and staying home from school. It's been good being able to rest and watch movies with my roommate. (she has Fridays off) So right now I need to believe that God can and will heal me. Pray for me!

Exciting news! There is a girl bassist in some of my classes that I've started talking to. Well, she plays at the Friday night youth at one of the extension services (extension services are services spread throughout Sydney so that others who are not in close proximity to the main campus can attend) Anyways, she told me that they need a drummer for the service and the guys there are open to me playing!! I will have to audition and if I'm good enough, I will start in a few weeks. Yay! I hear that it's kind of a small group right now, but I don't care, it will still be so fun!

I had a job opportunity at the Hillsong Call Centre where they do data entry and answer phone calls for conferences and stuff. It seemed like it would be a good job, but I turned it down because it seems to be a little intense and too much for my schedule right now. I plan on looking for a simple job I can have to earn some extra "spending" money.

Not much else is going on right now. My friend, Richelle, coloured my hair with "store-bought" hair colour. It's now pretty much all brown. I really like it though! I got sick of the blonde and was a little nervous to do it at home but it turned out really well.

85 days until I visit home!!!

Have a roisterous day!

1 comment:

Kristal Sawyer said...

Yay you're coming home!!! How long will you be here for? And LOVE the hair!