11 April 2008

Your grace is enough, more than I need

View life as a continuous learning experience.
Dennis Waitley


Well, I can tell you that I'm feeling a little more at peace and ease with my drum class. It seems to be slowly moving forward. The school finally started to split up the class, so there are 4 less people in my class. Yesterday we had to bring a song to perform in front of our class. I decided to play "Best of You" by Foo Fighters, because I knew it. The only frustrating thing was that, for the whole week I had been trying to use the drum cage to practice, but either they couldn't find the key or someone else was using it. As a result, I did not have my song prepared at all. To add, I have not practiced on a real kit since I've been here. Anyways, I played the song and it didn't go as well as I'd liked, but it was good enough for not having practiced. I think some of them were surprised to hear me, a small quiet girl, play that song. Because I was able to finally play something and the class seems to be moving forward, I am now at peace with the situation. I knew I had to trust God and I knew He had a plan, but to be honest, it is really hard to trust when you can't see the big picture. But hey, that is the whole point of trusting! I'm still trusting Him in the situation and giving Him the glory.

I plan on trying to use the drum cage more often, God willing. If not, I know a couple from Northern Ireland who lives around the corner from me. Jonny, who is a drummer, has a nice kit here that he is opening up for us to use, which is such a blessing! They are a really nice couple and I'm glad I've met them. Jonny is also a photographer so there is a photo of me below of my performance

Other than that, I've got nothing. I've just been doing the usual, hanging out, going to school, and serving at church. And needless to say, I have sometimes been a little stressed because our house is such a mess and nobody really seems to clean up much. Just a little daily stress that I'm sure we all experience.

Well friends, I hope all is well wherever you are in the world. I will be home to visit in 3 months :-)

Oh by the way, we only have to write 3 songs now for our Songwriting class, not 6. phew!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good job honey, and great picture of you drumming. Drumming and alot of other things in your life many times have come easily for you. Maybe you're being tested on tenacity and patience. Keep the faith...
JAM 1:4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

We love you...