It's a rainy day today. Sometimes I feel at peace when it rains.. I don't know I just love the feeling of sitting in your house chilling with friends as the rain falls outside. :-)
Yesterday I was finally able to use the drum cage to practice drums. Now this was my first time in three months practicing on a real set. WOW! You can probably imagine I was so excited. It has been really frustrating not being able to get on a kit. Let me tell you though, I did get quite discouraged because it made me feel like I'm getting worse at drums. :-/ Maybe I was just a little rusty after not playing for three months, but it still disappoints me. It was bitter sweet I guess you could say. It did make me want to come home where I can freely practice whenever I'd like. I'll be blunt, it sucks. But I'll get past it. I'm just trying to give it up to God and I will take as many opportunities as I can to practice.
Last night I wrote a song. Well, a few days ago I wrote some lyrics, so last night my friends helped me put music to it. It sounds pretty good so far. It's kind of different and maybe cheesy but hey it's my first song! I'm suppose to present it tomorrow in my songwriting class so it must get done tonight. I won't present it live, because I can't really sing so we will record it on my computer. It was really fun getting creative and working through melodies and stuff. I wish it came natural to me! But it's a good way to pull out some of the creative juices in us. :-)
I'm happy to say that we have Friday off for ANZAC Day! ANZAC stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps so it's a day to remember the veterans of the war. I will probably spend the day baking in the sun at the beach, whilst I honour the Aussies and Kiwis (new zealanders) who served in the war, of course :-)
P.S.- My friend, Richelle, and I got a gym membership at Fitness First. It's a beautiful gym and we're going to really get in shape, woohoo!
3 years ago

3 comments:
Dear Tara:
Thanks for your note on our blog. It has been very hard and we don't understand, but we do know God is in control. Please pray for Bre and Jar especially. Thank you for teh gift you sent to her for her birthday. She loved it. Did you see her birthday pics on my blog? Can't wait to see you in July!
Love,
Trudy
Hey Tara,
Talked to your parents on Sunday and thought I would come catch up on your life a little. Glad to hear you finally got some drum time, and hopefully more to come. I am looking forward to hearing your song. Enjoy the winter :)
Perry
what up T!
oooo song!!! let me know how it goes!! So you heard....
-Breanna
Post a Comment