02 June 2008

Under The Surface Trying To Break Through

I'm sitting in my apartment listening to the sound of Christian students loudly worshipping God and very boldly praying next door. Every Monday our neighbors have a prayer meeting. To be honest, I think it turns people away. There are people who live in these apartments who aren't believers. I wonder how it sounds to them.

I've kind of been in a weird mood lately. I think I'm in a dry season. For the first three months of being here, I felt like I was growing so much. I felt I was getting closer to God and I had this sense that I was becoming the woman God has created me to be. I was learning so much and my eyes had been opened to so many new things and ideas. But now, I just feel like I have lost that all and it is now that I find myself back to square one. Is life always like this? Do we always just seem to go back to where we started? Do we ever really grow? Or do we find ourself in this endless cycle of growing and then backsliding? I probably sound depressed, but please don't think I am. I'm just reflecting upon life. Sometimes you just have to.

I'll be visiting home in five and a half weeks. Yay, it's coming quick! Til then, please pray that I can be motivated to get all of my assignments done, especially writing songs.

3 comments:

Breanna said...

I am praying my bootie off!!! :D

love ya! 5 1/2 weeks left! woo hoo!

-Breanna

Trudy said...

HI Tara:
I miss you! I know that life can seem hard and dry sometimes. But remember that being in the Word is huge and that it is the living water that refreshes us and makes us new each day. I know I need to refresh in it each day. I love you and can't wait to see you soon.
He is the lifter of your head!!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. Life at times is often weird and complex thing and other times its simple and clear or so it seems. God sure does have a way of humbling us sometimes I suppose. Great blog!!