30 June 2008

The memories that will not escape me

I don't realize how lucky I am to be living in Australia until I come to the city and see all the tourists with cameras in hand trying to capture every moment and monument while they can. It's actually funny, because I remember being a foreigner here, but now it's like home. I'm sitting in the grass peering out at the blue water and pondering about life. The Sydney Opera House is just to the left of me and just beyond that I can see the Harbour Bridge. It's the warmest day of winter so far. The sun is shining bright and the breeze is keeping me cool. It almost feels like spring. I don't get to come to the city often so every time I do I feel like a kid going to Disneyland for the first time. Yes, it's that good.

The view from my spot in the grass.

Sometimes I get so excited to come home in December, but coming here makes me realize how much I'm going to miss this place. I've noticed myself becoming so focused on home that I find myself almost missing out on what's here. I don't want that to happen. I need to be cherishing every minute I have here because before I know it, it will all be over. This is a chance of a lifetime! Sometimes I can't believe I'm here doing this. It's almost like a dream. This is only one year out of my life. I can't imagine what else I'm going to experience in life and where God is going to lead me. Sometimes I just want to hurry and grow up, but I'm learning to cherish the days of my youth because they will soon be gone!

Just wanted to share a bit of my heart and thoughts for the day.

I can't believe I'm visiting home in less than two weeks. I'm stoked! See you all very soon :)

3 comments:

Tyler Jensen said...

Its so true, i was reading this quote by Leonardo DaVinci,"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die" When i read this and pondered about it i though about a couple of things, but what stuck out at me most is that we die, and it comes fast. I've made up my mind that there is no point to ever stop moving, to ever stop learing because it will be taken away. I've devoted my life to God and i want to see that his people are thinking. This is why i wanna travel and learn what/why other people think. They say a picture is worth 1000 words, but a memory is priceless. You are a very blessed and luck girl Tara. God bless and hope to see you soon.

Breanna said...

I cant wait to see you T!

-Breanna

Breanna said...

refresh my page and go look at the video I just put up :D